Google

Are Work At Home Careers Really A Good Option?

Can you really earn a nice income working from home?

Have you ever thought of being your own boss and starting one of the many available work at home careers?

The answers to the above questions are yes, yes, and do it! I'm working from home right now, composing this article.

A larger and larger percentage of people are taking their computer skills and their entrepreneurial spirit to launch their own home businesses and begin new careers - work at home careers. 72% of American households are thinking about starting a home-based business.

The biggest obstacle for most people wanting to start their own business has been the high cost of starting a new business. However, with new technologies available today, you can start and run a successful home based business for virtually nothing. And you can do so in an almost endless variety of markets.

I'll give you a brief history on how I got started with my work at home career and give you some ideas and suggestions on how you can do the same thing. There is nothing like the freedom of working from home and being your own boss... and making a nice income, too!

A few years ago, I was laid off from my job. My unique positions made it tough to find a something in my field. I was also stuck in the position of being overqualified for a lot of the openings that did exist. As I'm sure many of you can relate, this became quite frustrating and I started to explore other avenues to making an income, specifically working from home.

I realized a few things: I didn't much care for punching a clock and having a boss to answer to. I also knew that I loved to write. But getting a book or an article published is a long shot and you have to be very, very successful to make even a modest income. So I did more research on other possible work at home careers.

After a lot of research, I settled on a couple of areas that I wanted to pursue. I did want to write and publish a book but I wasn't going to do it the traditional way. Instead, my home based business research took me to the Internet and I set about building my own web site on a passion of mine, fitness. I also wrote a book on the topic, that I now sell as an ebook, directly from my site.

I spent well over a year in frustration, buying thousands of dollars of internet marketing products, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I've made all the mistakes and now I want to help you avoid making those same mistakes so that you can build a successful online business as quickly and efficiently as possible.

My savior, what kept me from failing at my internet based work at home careers, was deciding exactly what I wanted to do and focusing soley on that one thing. It's way too easy to keep bouncing from one work at home opportunity to the next, never sticking with something long enough to see any positive results. All you end up with is a big credit card bill.

Don't let this happen to you. Decide what you want to do, put together a plan, and follow through on that plan with massive action. This is the only way you're going to see results working frome home.

Thanks to finally putting together a plan and taking action on that plan and only that plan, my dream of working from home and selling my book is a reality. I now get about 1,300 unique visitors a day just to this one site.

Before I learned to focus and put a plan together, I spent a lot of money on work at home careers, but didn't make any.

I had to learn some copywriting to write the sales page for my ebook and this led me to other work at home careers. I realized I enjoyed copywriting, that it is a learnable skill, that you can do it from home, and that it pays very well. So my work at home careers include copywriting. In other words, once you see results with what you are doing, you can branch out into related work at home ideas and leverage your knowledge for even greater results.

I've always loved to teach, and now I've become a mentor and help others build internet-based work at home careers.

There are a lot of get rich quick schemes on the internet and a lot of people making a lot of money off of those interested in work at home careers. But the truth is, it's not nearly as complex, or as easy, as some people make it.

You see, work at home careers and making a living on the internet are great opportunities. But some people give up because they wade through scam after scam before they get to the gold. Others want instant riches without putting in the work necessary to become a success. It's best to keep things simple.

If you're looking to start a home based business, the biggest seller is information, especially how to information. In the past, there was a huge financial barrier to begin an information publishing empire. Today, that is no longer the case.

If you have valuable information (experience, hobbies, etc.) that others would be willing to pay for, you can start your own information publishing empire for next to nothing.

This is how I got started with my first site, which was designed to sell my own ebooks.


If you love to work with computers or you want to find a way to be home and spend more time with your family or you just don't want to always worry about whether you are going to be the next casualty when we are in a down economy. If this sounds like you, work at home careers are for you.


Gregg Gillies has been running a successful online fitness business for over four years as well as mentoring students for over two years on how to build their very own online businesses. Check out his free report "Learn How To Quickly And Easily Launch Your Own Profit Pulling Online Business ASAP, On A Shoe String Budget That Runs On Auto-Pilot And Earns You A Six-Figure Income!" at http://www.internetprofitmethod.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Gregg_Gillies


No comments: